More Problems.....? Electrics

Moderator: Moderators

cheekygem
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400

More Problems.....? Electrics

Post by cheekygem »

Hi
I introduced myself to this site a couple of weeks ago with a wiring loom & CDI problem, i managed to get hold of a wiring loom from a breaker that he said was for my bike, today me and my husband tried to fit it but ended up with to many plugs and plugs missing and have come to the conclusion that it's definately not for my bike........ i have 3 other wiring looms that came witht he bike when i bought it and these 3 match each other so im thinking that these ar ethe correct ones, although with many wires twisted together and taped up im sure they dont work. I'm now unsure how to get hold of a wiring loom that will definately work and fit my bike????
I have also bought a CDI off ebay that i have been assured came off a running bike , my husband is going to test it tomorrow with his electric meter thing to see if it's giving off the correct readinbgs.
Can anyone help me as to where to buy a wiring loom that will fit my ZXR 400 1992 L model that will work and fit???? im desperate to get on the bike now with all this lovely weather.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated
Gem :smt010
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: More Problems.....? Electrics

Post by RedexRobB »

There are two zxr breakers that grace our forum from time to time, one is 'falloffslowly', and....i forget the other but are basically AMS motorsport.

Falloffslowly aka Baz - 07727943464

AMS motorsport
http://www.ams-motorsport.co.uk/

Only other options are to scout ebay, buy new or get a sparkie to figure it out.. I suggest you try the two above first as they are specific breakers for the ZXR and im pretty sure they know whats what, especially Baz as ive bought from him before, in fact i think ive bought from them both.

Let us know how you get on
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Re: More Problems.....? Electrics

Post by parby81 »

I can vouch for AMS, he's pretty hot on dispatching things for you and even open to offering advice if you ask.
These things are sent to try us!!