Moderator: Moderators

Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Headlight problem still please help!

Post by Leanne_zxr »

hi everyone,

i still cant get my headlight to work and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on my problem :smt003

ive got a good earth throughout the bike, ive tested all the cables and there seems to be no break in the loom anywhere, ive tried two different relays in my bike and no luck with the headlight working, finally ive tested the bulbs off the battery and the one side light is out on the one bulb but the other works fine, im really stuck as to what to try next so any suggestions would be much appreciated,

thanks

Leanne
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

put another side light in it'll probably sort it, there's a gremlin amongst your wiring :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
itsmeste

Post by itsmeste »

I had a very simmler problem with my headlight i managed to find out the problem, it was the fuse box under the seat. the fuse was fine but the box had some kind of relay in it that was faulty. i've changed the fuse box and it works fine now. Hope this helps :smt002
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

there you are leanne, your replacement fuse box is faulty as the one you replaced :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
kb-zxr

Post by kb-zxr »

Have you turned the ignition on :smt003

Maybe its just a faulty bulb, its always the simple things that get us stumped :smt002
Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Leanne_zxr »

thanks for the help everyone,

yes i have got the ignition on :smt003 and one bulb is still a ok but still isnt working on the bike, i just got quoted 20 quid for a replacement bulb which is just crazy, so i might put car ones in the bike and up the fuse slightly as they are higher wattage but much cheaper,

ive checked all the electrics and there seems to be power to the relay but nothing going out of the relay, so ive been suggested to put 12v on the relay to check the coil on it,

thanks for the info about the fuse box, im pretty sure ive got power to the relay out of the fuse box so im not sure that its the problem but its definatly worth trying another one i guess anything to get the lights working,

Leanne
Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Leanne_zxr »

also on the headlight wiring diagram i looked at 'other than uk model' as mine is and import but that diagram doesnt show a relay where as the uk circuit has one,

does this mean the uk headlight wiring is the same as the jap import ones? obviously excluding the fact that import lights as on all the time,

Leanne