Turns, sparks work, no fire!

Moderator: Moderators

cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Turns, sparks work, no fire!

Post by cargo »

in 35 years of owning riding buying selling repairaing motorcycles there is one certain fact that I've learnt

NEVER EVER buy a bike from a "mate"

I've been racing since 1996 and not once have I bought a race bike locally I always go across to that big island just to the east of the IOM......to much hassle if you have to see or be friend with the guy you bought a bike from.....................when it goes bang
Rasta-ninja
My Bike: zxr 400

Re: Turns, sparks work, no fire!

Post by Rasta-ninja »

true wise words, but i don't know how much longer i can go without having a proper ride. Its been a month since ive riden my zxr and now im having to strip the engine completely, its gna be even longer! I figure if i buy the sv for £650 theres still profit to be made in selling it off as its a good/saught after first big bike. Bearing in mind i only plan on having it for the duration of stripping engine and replacing the worse worn parts. Problem with buying a second hand engine is you can't guarantee its going to be great, little miles doesn't mean much if its been thrashed and not cared for. And the cheapest ive found an engine is on ebay for £470 incl P+P =/