Problems with headlight and tail light

Moderator: Moderators

damienbish
My Bike: ZXR400

Problems with headlight and tail light

Post by damienbish »

Hi,
After having some problems with getting the bike to start on the button rather than bump starting it I have come across a few more problems which are doing my head in. Long story short but i have one of those ermax undertrays with the two single lights on the back. The bolts holding those lights in there were really badly corroded and werent coming out so i bought two new rear lights. However after fitting them today they light up fine but wont light up when the brake is pressed, rear or front. I have checked the switches and cleaned them up and so am not sure what else it could be.
Added to that i went to switch my high beam on to check that worked and that wouldnt light up either. The blue light also no longer comes on the dash either, anyone have any idea what that problem could be?
These two problems together with the starting problem I posted yesterday are really stressing me and I'm at the point where it feels like the bikes falling apart and I'm tempted to cut my losses.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
tink
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L2

Re: Problems with headlight and tail light

Post by tink »

have you checked the fuse for the main beam located in the junction box under the seat
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

other than suggest you get a multimeter and start tracing all the faults backwards im kind of at a loss with electrics.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
damienbish
My Bike: ZXR400

Post by damienbish »

Yeah I have checked all fuses, the pass light works as well.