Battery Problems

Moderator: Moderators

Kernel
My Bike: tomos moped

Battery Problems

Post by Kernel »

I've been having some problems with my ZXR over the last few days, (I've only had it 2 days!!) and there seems to be a problem with the battery, was wondering if any one can tell me what voltage should be running across the battery when the bike is running, and also if any one else has had quick drain problems with there ZXR?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

this cold weather is enough to kill any battery thats not being charged regular.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Kernel
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Kernel »

Not sure that it's the cold as I had a 25 mile ride to work, left it 5 hours and nothing, not even the Oil and Neutral light would come on. :/
It's under warranty and the shop said they have a spare battery in so think I'll just get it changed. New battery for nothing never hurt anyone :P
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

could be a corroded earth strap?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
mongo

Post by mongo »

you should see no more than 14.6 volts over the battery when charging i think with a very accurate volt meter (fluke).

With an uncalibrates one, i would imagine no higher than 14.8v, make sure and do the tests with the lights on too at around 4krpm.

Could be a duff regulator rectifier... Or just a totally shagged battery (which it could very well be).
stonedoncalpol

Post by stonedoncalpol »

5 hour shifts? where onearth do you work. lightweight heheh.