Clocks

Moderator: Moderators

2802dan
My Bike: xt125r for now...

Clocks

Post by 2802dan »

Is there a way of changing the colour of the clocks from orange?
syihabuddin
My Bike: L9

Re: Clocks

Post by syihabuddin »

You can try LEDs? Dont think it'll be as easy as it sounds though.

That's what ive seen people do with the aftermarket meters and clocks.
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

No, because the colour doesn't come from the lamp (which is white) it comes from the colour of the clock face through which it is shining (which is orange). You would have to change the clock faces, which is going to be a right PITA.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

or change the clocks completely to something new and different, KOSO clocks would be good :-)
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Big Hoddie
My Bike: ZX4R

Post by Big Hoddie »

I've thought about koso clocks for next summer-how easy are they to mount and wire in?

Also, I've got a 93 bike so the stock clocks are in kph, troubles is, with it being winter, most of my riding's done in the dark so I struggle to see the mph sticker. As I can't find a cable converter and have a perfectly decent set of uk clocks here, if I buy a uk speedo drive (the thing at the wheel) will this make the clocks read in mph, or will connecting the clocks to the current drive be enough?
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

Big Hoddie wrote:I've thought about koso clocks for next summer-how easy are they to mount and wire in?

Also, I've got a 93 bike so the stock clocks are in kph, troubles is, with it being winter, most of my riding's done in the dark so I struggle to see the mph sticker. As I can't find a cable converter and have a perfectly decent set of uk clocks here, if I buy a uk speedo drive (the thing at the wheel) will this make the clocks read in mph, or will connecting the clocks to the current drive be enough?
2 seconds of ebay gives me
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEEDO-DRIVE- ... 4abe1f88bc
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Yeah, and if that goes, I'm in the same situation. So answer my question bout the uk clocks and drives or leave me alone dude. Seriously getting on my nerves
Ewetea
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400L5

Post by Ewetea »

I must start by saying that I am not an expert, but I reason that the angle drive fitted to the front wheel is a standard item that just enables the rotation of the front wheel to be turned through 90degrees to rotate the speedo cable. The gearing takes place in the clocks to give either kph or mph. That is why one of those blue adaptors must be installed in-line to rotate the gears in a kph clock slower so that the needle shows mph. I have a spare blue adaptor, and 8flats rotation on the input side produces 5flats rotation on the output side. Since 8km represents 5miles (roughly), a kph clock will be showing mph. If you have some UK clocks, which I assume read mph, then they should read correctly when connected to your existing angle drive. The easiest way to check will be to ride the bike in top gear and note the revs at say 80kph. Then just lash the UK clock to the bike, attach the speedo cable and check that at 50mph on this clock that the revs are still the same in top gear. Do let us know if it works - for reference.
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

Big Hoddie wrote:Yeah, and if that goes, I'm in the same situation. So answer my question bout the uk clocks and drives or leave me alone dude. Seriously getting on my nerves
You say "I can't find a cable converter......"

Banner001 posts you a link to a cable converter.

You snap his head off like he's being unhelpful.

:smt017
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Looks like I have a lot to do this weekend. And yes, I was being unreasonable, I apologised on another thread.
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Koso clocks use a fuel gauge-is there any fuel sensor that I can weld in the tank? On my nsr, I stuck a cbr125's sensor in the tank