Broken SPEEDO NEEDLE - help!

Moderator: Moderators

13aines
My Bike: Daytona 675

Broken SPEEDO NEEDLE - help!

Post by 13aines »

Hi guys,

Somehow, today, my speedometer needle broke, leaving a small stub. Obviously, due to the weight difference I suppose, I now don't have a functioning speedo! :ffs

Is it possible to dismantle the clocks? If so, does anyone have a duff speedo which they'd sell me?

Also, i've found a replacement speedo on ebay, speedo alone, for £25. It's got 25k on the clock, and my bike only has 15k, so ideally I'd like to wind it back. Is that easily done? If it is, I guess this would be the easier option?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Broken SPEEDO NEEDLE - help!

Post by RedexRobB »

Thats a bummer!

Yes you canwind them back easily just turn it the other way round. I had the benefit if an electric motor with a chuck on the end to do it, but i guess some just use a drill?
13aines
My Bike: Daytona 675

Post by 13aines »

Ace, well, I searched on here just after I posted that, and found a post with you saying you'd done it, so ordered a clock on ebay... Just the speedo, £23, not bad. Got 25k on it, so need to wind it back 10k miles. Gonna take a while!

Could have got a set of clocks for like £25, but didn't see the point in the hassle... my bike is an import, and I believe, completely unrestricted, so I won't ever touch the CDI/tachometer etc if I can help it!

Can I get the clock out without taking the front fairing off? Maybe just remove the screen instead? Or would it be easier to just whip the front off?

Thanks,

Matt.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

To change the clocks you will need to remove the nose cone and that's it. Rest is easily accessible.