2 Wire starter solenoid. Please help?

Moderator: Moderators

deon@candi
My Bike: Kawaski ZXR400

2 Wire starter solenoid. Please help?

Post by deon@candi »

Hi. My starter solenoid had recently gone on my zxr 400 and I live in SA so its very hard to find parts for this bike here. I found a 2 wire starter solenoid that I bought and would just like to know if it can be used cause I know the orignal one has a socket with 3 wires and a 30 amp fuse. If yes ,then how do I go about wiring it and where should I solder the fuse? TThe one that I baught has a black wire and then a yellow and red wire. The origenal one has b/y,y/r and white. Please help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even just a simple yes or no.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Re: 2 Wire starter solenoid. Please help?

Post by ross46 »

Don't take this as gospel but looking at the wiring diagram I doubt you can, on the standard solenoid you have a yellow and red wire which goes to the starter relay in the fuse box so that's needed, a white wire which is a main live throughout the bike, goes to regulator, fusebox, ignition barell etc and the other wire is a black and yellow ground so that can't be replaced, their may be a way but I doubt it will be easy, if even possible, isn't there any kwak dealers near you? Its also possible to strip your solenoid, though apparently it's awkward it is possible, you dont have anything to lose if its already broken?
deon@candi
My Bike: Kawaski ZXR400

Post by deon@candi »

Thanks for the reply. I tried and it didn't work. I ordered one on ebay. Just waiting for it to arrive. Really appreciate the help!
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

No problem mate