No pass light and parking light?

Moderator: Moderators

Mugge302
My Bike: tomos moped

No pass light and parking light?

Post by Mugge302 »

Hey dudes and friends. My friend just bought a zxr400 91(l1 i think).

It has the double bulbs 35w in front, but no place for parking bulb? Only two 35w bulbs.
But on thenignition (where you put the keynin), there is both lock and position when turning key to left. But the key is stuck at "lock" where you can take key out, but it can not turn to "position/parking".

What is the problem and why is there no bulb for parking? Here in denmark there should be parking light by law, so i really need help.

The passing light dosnt work either?

Any help guys? :)

Thanks a lot :)

Bjarne from denmark.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Re: No pass light and parking light?

Post by ross46 »

The parking light bulb is right underneath the front headlight, you can't get to it without taking the headlight out, I left my bulb out to avoid leaving it on the parking lights and draining the battery, see if there is a wire coming from underneath the headlight in the middle
Ewetea
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400L5

Post by Ewetea »

If the bike is a "grey" import (sold in Japan and then shipped to Denmark second-hand, rather than sold as new in Denmark), then it is likely that there is no parking light. If the headlights illuminate when the ignition is switched to "ON", then it will not have a parking bulb. You can source a headlight that contains a parking bulb (or sidelight) but you will also have to introduce some wiring, as the loom will not cater for the bulb.
The passing switch should be on the left hand control. If it doesn't work then you'll have to check the wiring. If it is not there, you can install a control assembly containing that feature, but you will also have to add more wiring. There are various wiring diagrams available - just use the one appropriate to your requirements.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Ah ok, thanks ewetea, I have no idea about the imports, and mugge302 welcome to the forum, any help you need just message me
Vaughn
My Bike: Zxr400

Post by Vaughn »

Ewetea wrote:If the bike is a "grey" import (sold in Japan and then shipped to Denmark second-hand, rather than sold as new in Denmark), then it is likely that there is no parking light.
Mine is a grey import and it has parking lights 1989 H1, maybe something to do with the year??
Mugge302
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Mugge302 »

Sorry for my late reply - been a kind of busy :)

Thanks for your answers.

I bought a p-light and mounted in headlamp and wired it to taillight wich turned on when key in p-mode...

A new question: is it normal that when all fuses escept the one for fan have been taken out, then brake light still works? Or is the wiring on this bike totally *beeeped* :)