bike it indicators- don't bother

Moderator: Moderators

ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

bike it indicators- don't bother

Post by ross46 »

ok, been having problems with my indicators lately, they are bike-it arrow indicators, previous owner had done a toad job on the wiring so soldered the wire properly, heat-shrinked them, then put bullet connectors on and heat shrinked those, went to use them and they still didnt work. Only the rear left one, tried swapping the wires over, gave the wires a bit of a wiggle, didnt work so pulled the indicator apart and they were fooked inside, thin metal, rusted, and when i took the bulb out it just fell apart in my hands. They look good work fine, but they aren't waterproof so after tiome they will just fall apart. So on the look out for some new indicators. anybody tried the oxford ones? They are expensive but i would rather pay the money and know i dont have to worry again. So anybody used them? Are they good?
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Re: bike it indicators- don't bother

Post by bendog66 »

I've been running the oxford LED ones for the past 5 years.... enough said really
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

OMFG!! right all my indicators have packed up now, have 4 bike it indicators, front left and rear right, bulb got so corroded it fell out of the connection bit, rear left- melted and water damaged, front right water damaged so bad that the reflector plate, bulb and bulb holder just crumbled, its bloody shocking!! :smt013 :smt011 :rant :smt019 :ffs
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

Are there any other decent aftermarket indicators, would love the oxford ones but its 80ish quid all in all, any recommendations?