Can't find parking light!

Moderator: Moderators

Mavve750
My Bike: 5 ninjas and one R1.

Can't find parking light!

Post by Mavve750 »

I'm going to have the bike checked now when I'm done with everything but when I looked through the bike I can't seem to find any parking light in front. The back turns on as it's supposed to but nothing in front.

I have the one in the bottom of the page:

Could it be that I don't have a parking light bc it's a M4? :smt017

I've now ordered screws and parts for almost 700£ and I'm getting sick of it. The former owner or someone changed the license plate light to a smaller one from another bike so it looked like toad and he threw away the reflex. The fuel position(ON, OFF, RES) was broken, practically all screws were in either a very bad condition or changed to non-oem ones.
I've now restored it with all brand new Kawasaki oem-parts for everything I could find that wasn't oem. It is so much more than meets the eye to change the lights. The is rubber, bolt, nut, some metal layer and the list goes on.
Now I just want the parking light to work and then I'm all set.

If you tell me I have to buy a totally new head lamp and draw some cable I'll be sick in my stomach.
Since I did this to the 400 I figured I could do it to my ZXR750R as well so I'm almost broke right now. The 3 small screws that fits in the plastic cover of the tank together with everything that belongs to it costs 40£ here in Sweden. Prices sucks.

Please tell me about the parking light - thanks!
Mavve750

Re: Can't find parking light!

Post by Mavve750 »

Forgot the pics:

Mavve750

Post by Mavve750 »

Two more:

They said to me at the Kawasaki dealer that they have never got any order from oem turn signals from a private person, only insurance company orders it. :smt001
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

this is only a theory...but if you take a feed from the RED wire at the ignition barrel and connect this to the RED/YELLOW wire at the single headlamp i "think" that this will give you a "dipped" beam up front when you set the ignition barrel to park...

its potentially going to draw more current than a true parking light, but it might be your simplest temporary fix...you will just have to see what the voltage drain on the battery is like.

alternatively you should be able to buy the following parts, 23008 and 92069B and make your own parking light, you simply connect the RED wire from the ignition barrel to one of the terminals, and connect the other terminal to any BLACK/YELLOW wire (i suggest taking a black/yellow feed from the headlamp as its closest), you will then need to drill a hole in the bottom of your lamp in order to fit the 23008 cable. i have a spare L3 headlamp here, if i remember tonight ill take a picture of where it goes...but if all you need is a light, anywhere on the underneath of the headlamp in the plastic housing should do, just check that its not going to interfere with anything bodywork-wise beforehand.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
Mavve750

Post by Mavve750 »

It was there all the time. Too dark in the garage.

But - the new light bulb fell off when I tried to put it in place and is now somewhere inside the headlight.

Going to take it all apart tomorrow.....

ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

On your forks you have a black plastic infill fairing, is that aftermarket as I can't ser it on the parts diagrams
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

You'll not find that yoke and prob not those forks on a ZXR400 parts list..................dare I suggest a pair of glasses for your toolkit
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

so in answer to the question "is it aftermarket?" the answer is yes. were you wearing your glasses when reading the post? :tease when i bought my bike there was lots of parts missing that i didnt even know about until banner told me when i went up to see him so for the past couple of months ive been buying CDI holders, infill fairings, special brackets and the like as they were missing. all i was asking is if it was standard and i had missed it when looking through the microfiches or if it had been put on afterwards. so thankyou cargo you did infact answer my question, even if it was in your own debatable manner
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

And Twix
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

It's not after market I'd say it's genuine
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

cargo wrote:..................dare I suggest a pair of glasses for your toolkit
ever helpful posting from our :smt007 cargo :smt007

what i can only imagine he ment to say (its hard for our cargo to type long messages with only his left hand) is that the forks are genuine zxr400 sp forks and yokes, and as such come with a different set of parts that are unique to them. because they are unique to the sp models, and because there are only a small number of them, the parts are not going to show up on the standard parts microfiche.

i would guess that there should be (somewhere) a sp parts list - i know the racing honda NC's have them, moriman might know more?
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

"it's a M4?" thats the bit I missed, thankyou banner another genuine helpful post, dont think I'll be in a rush to buy that then! Might see if the one of my rs125 will fit first :pmsl
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

banner001 wrote:
cargo wrote:..................dare I suggest a pair of glasses for your toolkit
ever helpful posting from our :smt007 cargo :smt007

what i can only imagine he ment to say (its hard for our cargo to type long messages with only his left hand) is that the forks are genuine zxr400 sp forks and yokes, and as such come with a different set of parts that are unique to them. because they are unique to the sp models, and because there are only a small number of them, the parts are not going to show up on the standard parts microfiche.

i would guess that there should be (somewhere) a sp parts list - i know the racing honda NC's have them, moriman might know more?

Nope.........................keep looking you'll get there......................one day

And for information I'm left handed and prefer to :wanker with it
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

ross46 wrote:"it's a M4?" thats the bit I missed, thankyou banner another genuine helpful post, dont think I'll be in a rush to buy that then! Might see if the one of my rs125 will fit first :pmsl

Close but no cigar