Stick coil wiring- help!!

Moderator: Moderators

JamieNeve
My Bike: CBR600RR, ZXR400 L-2

Stick coil wiring- help!!

Post by JamieNeve »

Using the forum guide and wire diagram, it doesn't make it tooclear what wite goes where for the loom. Am an electronics noob too which doesn't help.

Anyway, in the picture you can see two (short) black with white stripe wires which I assume are the 12v wire, and two coloured wires which I assume are the control wires.

Do I wire the two 12v black and white wires together, then the coloure ones too the bike coil lead ones, or do I wire one coloured wire to a 12v black one, so one coloured goes in the bike, and one black and white - I reckon it's this one but want to be sure!

Thanks!
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Stick coil wiring- help!!

Post by banner001 »

moriman did a great writeup...i cant really add anything to it, it was very easy to understand, and the diagram is very simple

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=10796&hilit=stick#p83288
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

jamie dropped me a text to see if i could help and it took me a while to work it out right, just trying to work out from the pictures where the wires go without the sub-loom. Drew this diagram, might help some others?

so this just shows that the red wires go to 1 and 3. green to 2 (tutu biggrin ), black to 4, then bridge 1&4 then 2&3 the same as the HT leads go. i believe in simplicity, make everything as easy to understand as possible. Hence the constant links to cradleys. Need to work out how to just do a screenshot? "Miscommunication is the mother of all F**K ups". Ross
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

jamie dropped me a text to see if i could help and it took me a while to work it out right, just trying to work out from the pictures where the wires go without the sub-loom. Drew this diagram, might help some others?

so this just shows that the red wires go to 1 and 3. green to 2 (tutu biggrin ), black to 4, then bridge 1&4 then 2&3 the same as the HT leads go. i believe in simplicity, make everything as easy to understand as possible. Hence the constant links to cradleys. Need to work out how to just do a screenshot? "Miscommunication is the mother of all F**K ups". Ross