indicators staying on... what am i missing?

Moderator: Moderators

ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

indicators staying on... what am i missing?

Post by ross46 »

right, I came off the bike a couple of weeks ago, indicators worked before, got ripped off. so got some new ones, fitted them and they just stay on. fitted a spare indicator relay, same thing, indicators say 21w on them, just incase swapped them for the old ones that survived, so 2 old ones on the same side, same thing though these ones worked and flashed before, wiring shouldn't matter on normal bulbs but made sure the black wires on the indy's all went to ground, same thing, swap over... same thing. Am I missing something? The bikes ready for the MOT apart from the indicators, a numberplate bulb cover, instrument bulbs (the bulb on the idiot lights works, correct wattage) and some brake pads and caliper pins. all on order from cradley and ebay? Any help GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks, Ross
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: indicators staying on... what am i missing?

Post by CaNsA »

Have you touched the indicator relay?

Try all the combinations of connecting it as it doesnt go on as expected.

It baked my noodle for hours :/
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

Tried all connections yeah confuddled the relay is a spare I had which worked, im going to buy another one Incase something happened to it and that's why its not working, MOT is tomorrow!! Going to rip the old one apart and see if I can make the indicators work by bypassing it... Its just a capacitor and charged coil, see if I can manually switch it
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

well I really am stumped now, checked all the connections, checked the resistor and capacitor, little wire running from wswitch to capacitor is working, capacitor doesn't even say what capacitance it is!!
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Bad news I'm afraid...

Your bike is fuxord, I'll give you a mars bar for it.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

Right, found the fault, the EM coil isn't attracting the switch plate, but I can turn it on or off by pushing the switch manually, check components and the capacitance, so no to the mars bar atm, but can you keep it in the fridge just in case?
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

TWIX.JPG
:smt018
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

Right it works! Nicked a relay of my mates bike, put it on, still didn't work, then changed the front indicators to my old ones and they worked! So dodgy relay and wrong wattage bulbs, so I had dodgy everything!