Race loom Diagram

Moderator: Moderators

ChowderV4
My Bike: Zxr400L racer

Race loom Diagram

Post by ChowderV4 »

ok so im currently making a race loom out of my road loom now i found a race loom diagram someone had made, but it included the charging system, regulator/alternator.
This:

Now im running total loss , ive edited out what i thinki dont need on this photo, can someone confirm that im not comepletely useless with wiring

Total Loss Edit:
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Race loom Diagram

Post by banner001 »

looks correct to me, ive done colour maps of the L1-5 wiring diagram, along with detailed steps on how to convert to a race loom, as well as removing the fuel pump, alternator reg/rec, and starter motor (for those with a race starter).

one thing i would add, is if you run total loss and can be forgetfull wire back in your oil pressure light. no only will this indicate if you get a total loss of oil pressure, but when the bike is running the light will be off, and it will come back on when you hit the kill switch...its a good reminder to disconnect your battery at the end of a session/night.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Did you check the race manual?

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/Manuals/zxr400r.pdf
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
ChowderV4

Post by ChowderV4 »

cheers for the replies, im pretty sure ive done everything right, only have to solder a few wires together now and solder in the resistor.

Yeah i was planning to keep the oil pressure light, its not really worth wiring in the neutral light is there?

I will see if ive done everything right soon when i try starting it :pmsl
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

ChowderV4 wrote:cheers for the replies, im pretty sure ive done everything right, only have to solder a few wires together now and solder in the resistor.

Yeah i was planning to keep the oil pressure light, its not really worth wiring in the neutral light is there?

I will see if ive done everything right soon when i try starting it :pmsl
again, neutral light is up to you, but its easier to see if you're in neutral than to see that you have oil pressure...

ive written a post about the L1-L4 (L5 is almost the same) wiring along with a conversion to a full race loom (-alternator, -fuel pump relay, -starter) if you need to double check.
ChowderV4

Post by ChowderV4 »

ok so ive plugged everything into the loom, i have power, temp guage moves when killswitch is on.
When i press the starter i get a click from the starter solonoid the tacho will move if the start button is held down, but it isnt cranking.

Any ideas before i start panicing , i have followed the race diagram on here
ChowderV4

Post by ChowderV4 »

and in regards to the resistor i used these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111255175253? ... 1439.l2649

was told blue 100 ohms , is that different to these , and have i got the wrong ones
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

0.25W...im pretty sure if you dont want it to burn out you will need at least 1W.
matthew
My Bike: zxr400

Post by matthew »

ChowderV4 wrote: by ChowderV4 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:38 pm
ok so ive plugged everything into the loom, i have power, temp guage moves when killswitch is on.
When i press the starter i get a click from the starter solonoid the tacho will move if the start button is held down, but it isnt cranking.

Any ideas before i start panicing , i have followed the race diagram o
I would get intouch with Rodger at rmkd if i wer you hes a genious with wireing an will tel you over the phone wats wrong. He told me last week wen i had trouble that their was a race loom on hear somewhere that wasnt right :smt017
ChowderV4

Post by ChowderV4 »

matthew wrote:
ChowderV4 wrote: by ChowderV4 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Any ideas before i start panicing , i have followed the race diagram o
I would get intouch with Rodger at rmkd if i wer you hes a genious with wireing an will tel you over the phone wats wrong. He told me last week wen i had trouble that their was a race loom on hear somewhere that wasnt right :smt017
cheers for that, if the new resistor doesnt sort it i will give him a ring