no headlight

Moderator: Moderators

craig
My Bike: zxr400 l3

no headlight

Post by craig »

Hi all,
I have a zxr 400 L1 import model I've replaced the main wiring harness with a L5 model I've also changed the junction box the bike starts, rides and all electrics work other than the headlight ( no dip nor high beam) but all other lights work fine but if I plug in the old junction box the headlight works but won't start also try another L5 model junction box and still nothing.
Anyone able to shed some light on its????
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: no headlight

Post by masterofinsanity »

if i remember right the imports are wired with headlights permanently on, do you have a headlight switch on your right hand switchgear? you will more than likely need to wire them to a switch or permanent live.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
craig
My Bike: zxr400 l3

Post by craig »

Thank you for the reply end up sticking a permanent live to the light almost ready for its mot finally lol
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

might be worth putting a switch in at some point so you can turn it off to start the bike, saves power for starting.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.