No electronic power at all

Moderator: Moderators

KingFluffy
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

No electronic power at all

Post by KingFluffy »

I've had the ZXR for about a month now with no issues, as I was riding last night at around 60 mph on a long straight the bike went dead with no warning or sounds to indicate anything breaking, all electrical power was lost, I checked the kill switch and tried to bump start as I cruised along but nothing happened. When I pulled over I checked the kill switch again and still nothing, when I turned the ignition on there was no lights on the dash or power to anything. Luckily I was with my mates so when they went to get the trailer I checked all the fuses including the 30 amp which were all fine. When we got it back home I checked the battery which was at 12.9 V which is fine, the battery is only a month old as it was new with the bike. A nice bloke on a ZX6R who stopped to see if I was okay thought it might be the rectifier, but my mate with his RVF had a rectifier issue two weeks ago but he could bump start the bike so I'm not so sure, I'm going to try and diagnose it later when I get back from Uni. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Thanks.
KingFluffy

Re: No electronic power at all

Post by KingFluffy »

Managed to fix it, majorly crumbly corroded connector block under the air box, replaced it and it now works like a dream again :excited
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Post by Miles »

Good to hear. Out of interest which connector was it?
KingFluffy

Post by KingFluffy »

It was the connector with the main live wire (White) that runs from the battery to the ignition barrel, the corrosion was mainly on the white wire connection but I just replaced the entire block with a new one. I'm quite lucky it cut out when it did, I went out on my own on a 100 mile ride the day before.