Indicators packed up

Moderator: Moderators

crashtester01
My Bike: tomos moped

Indicators packed up

Post by crashtester01 »

coming home from work and my indicators packed up not a big prob i no but im as technicaly minded as a fish and i aint got a clue where the flash unit thing is can eny 1 tell me :smt017
I can fly..........ouch that hurt guess I cant. wheres the bike gone!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

bloody hell this brings back memories, coming back from minehead up the M5 the bloody indicators kept packing up, if i remember right the flasher unit is on the right hand side under the main seat, you will probably find a loose connection there.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
crashtester01

Post by crashtester01 »

cheers but no luck as i dont no what the bloody thing looks like checked all the conections I could find but still no luckalso noticed that the solanoied (think thats what its called eny way silver thing on the left hand side with a fuse in it :smt017 ) is a bit nackered its plastered in tape and the fuse is glued in god only nos why think its time for me and the zxr to part company before it robs me of evan more cash :smt009
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

there should be a flasher unit on the right hand side, its a cube with 2 wires going into it, mine kept coming apart so wrapped it in tape, that's whats wrong mate or the flasher has gone.
Last edited by masterofinsanity on Mon May 08, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

Im the expert on flasher units

its on the right side under seat, take fairing off on the rear , ur see a black box about 4cm by 2 cm cliped onto the frame with 2 wires going into it, that ur flasher unit, i just recently canged mine for a LED one, if u cant find it turn ur indicator on and u should be able to hear it click (if ur in a quite place) let me knoe how you get one

Sheldon
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
crashtester01

Post by crashtester01 »

pickeed up a new flasher unit it worked for about 2 seconds and then it stopped again so i think i got a wiring problem some where :smt013 thanks for your help guys
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

if u need a new flasher unit mate, if u broken yours then u can have my stock one as i dont need it
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
crashtester01

Post by crashtester01 »

cheers m8 but i think it will just go again the bike is off to an auto electrishan on friday to have the wiring looked at but thanks for that m8 :smt003
crashtester01

Post by crashtester01 »

£200 :smt010 later i now have a repaired wiring loom working indcators and a have tidy solanoide at last and i bet the guy fixed it in about half an hour
mongo

Post by mongo »

unfortuantely the looms do suffer from getting water in them if they are left outside/used in all weathers.

very common especially where it branches off at the clutch and at the radiator.

Sounded like it was an earthing problem to me though, oh well at least its up and running again!
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

I replaced all the block plug pins on my loom when i got my bike. The electrics would cut out whenever i turned left. After removing tank and airbox had a look at the block coming from the barrel and all the pins in it were pretty much corroded to dust. Just got an electrical crimper set from B&Q and went and replaced everything on the bike. So if you get an old zxr and your having electrical probs check all your block plugs for corrosion, their very easy to replace and only costs you 20 quid and a little time

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.