Where does this plug in?

Moderator: Moderators

98ninja
My Bike: zxr400

Where does this plug in?

Post by 98ninja »

Hi,
As per my previous posts, I'm piecing this bike back together. Theres two wires coming from the spark plug leads and I cant see
where they reach or where they would plug into. The majority of the wiring loom is off to the side of the frame right now and I cant see
where these would plug into. The bike is a H1 model.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ewetea
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400L5

Re: Where does this plug in?

Post by Ewetea »

We need more information to help you: Are they spade (flat) connectors or bullet connectors? What colour are the wires? One wire appears to be a black and yellow, which should be an earth wire. The wires to the coils are usually a red lead to each, with a black to one and green to the other. Your wires could be to the cooling fan. One side would be earthed, and the other side would receive power from the temperature sensor located in the radiator. The wires could also go to the horn.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

The wires are black/white, and brown by the looks of it. On the H1 this is horn.

There is a sticky topic at the top of this page called H1 wiring diagram, at the bottom of that page is a full colour diagram.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
98ninja
My Bike: zxr400

Post by 98ninja »

Thankyou both for the replies.
After scouring the internet for photos of other coil set ups and the wiring diagram, I think banner is right and its the horn.
Thankyou. Hopefully Ill have this started and running soon and I can stop with the questions