Bike totally dead!

Moderator: Moderators

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

You will probably find the switch is a push to make switch, so when its pushed in a connection is made and tells the ECU/CDI not to allow the bike to start/pull away. Disconnecting the whole lot it will probably start anyway.
Bozzie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bozzie »

Pretty sure my switch is disconnected. I rode off with my side stand down once, didnt half toad me up. Never knew it had a sidestand switch till i saw this :P.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

RobB wrote:You will probably find the switch is a push to make switch, so when its pushed in a connection is made and tells the ECU/CDI not to allow the bike to start/pull away. Disconnecting the whole lot it will probably start anyway.
If you chose to remove the side stand switch you need to join the wires that the switch unplugs from.
jamieblade

Post by jamieblade »

cargo wrote:
RobB wrote:You will probably find the switch is a push to make switch, so when its pushed in a connection is made and tells the ECU/CDI not to allow the bike to start/pull away. Disconnecting the whole lot it will probably start anyway.
If you chose to remove the side stand switch you need to join the wires that the switch unplugs from.
Thats what i thought, that i would have to join the two wires together to complete the circuit. Unplugged the switch and it starts fine. Seems to me the problem must be elsewhere. Bloody electrics....arrrggghhh
jamieblade

Post by jamieblade »

Oh, rode it for about 30 odd miles last night and it was fine, well until i discovered a game called 'switching fuel onto reserve while driving down a very dark main road...' now that was interesting...!!!