Loom, inbuilt fuse??

Moderator: Moderators

SplaTZXR400
My Bike: ZXR400

Loom, inbuilt fuse??

Post by SplaTZXR400 »

hi guys, iv just bought a supposedly zxr400l loom for my zxr400l model. it looks identical, excpet that theres an extra white wire which goes into a fuse to a red and green wire to the ic ignitor?? the wiring diagram for h and l models only have 3 wires on this plug so wots this 4th? cheers.
SplaTZXR400

Post by SplaTZXR400 »

does any1 else have this wire on a ZXR400L model, it would be pretty destinctive.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

what fuse is in it mate?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
SplaTZXR400

Post by SplaTZXR400 »

sorry my fault, i got it wrong, its not the cdi its the headlight relay lead n that fuse i think is for the high beam, but why is the wiring different?think the cdi is fine but the fuse box has a couple extra wires on it. onthe little plug it has bout 9 wires instead of 6 i think. its 15 A fuse by the way, comparing to the wiring diagram its the high beam fuse, but y dont it go through the fuse box, n y have i got different wires?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

maybe there has been a problem with the wiring in the past and someone has bypassed the fusebox and bodged the wiring to get the headlight to work?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
SplaTZXR400

Post by SplaTZXR400 »

dunno it looks well done if so. but then why thee different wires? also on the cdi it has a separete live, instead of a brown wire which links with the ignition and everything, it has a standalone white and brown wire, which also goes to the fuse box, i counted n my loom has 5 wires on the small fuse box plug, this loom has 9.