regulator renervator.

Moderator: Moderators

400hnutter

regulator renervator.

Post by 400hnutter »

iv been having trouble with the charging circit latley on my h1! its been burning out the conections and the regulator its burnt 3 out in 5 months ant ive had to cut the connection block off and indervidulary wired them up to the regulator. ive had to replace the connecters a bunch of time becouse they hav been burnt out.

im just fitting a brand new regulator but how long it will last i dont know. ive spoken to a mechanic and he told me that i could try taking off 1 of the yellow wires from the alternator but this doasnt sound like a good idea to me!?

should i get a new loom or can i jusi wire some inline fuses so they blow before the wiring burns out?

has anyone had the same trouble, pls help if u can
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

have you checked the main 30amp fuse? someone may have replaced it with a nail in the past ( yes i have heard this done before ) ?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
400hnutter
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by 400hnutter »

yeah all the fuses are fine and i replaced them just to be sure,

ive just fitted a new regulator aswell, but im still getting no power to the battery.

the regulator is getting hot and the yellow wires from the alternator are getting warm.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Sounds like you have a short, wires dont get hot unless excessive amounts of current are being drawn which suggests to me a short somewhere.
400hnutter
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by 400hnutter »

altornator works fine. powers going up to the regulator but not to the battery