just wondered if these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAWASAKI-ZXR400-L ... 286.c0.m14
would fit a h1 ?
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: SPEEDO CLOCKS

Post by zimm »

the individual clocks will fit, but the surround wont, also, you'll need an M-max box to plug into the loom where the H1 speedo plugged in, or you'll be restricted to 10,000rpm in all gears
raul
My Bike: zxr400

Post by raul »

thanks for that , I'm going to use the speedo only as my one is a kph and has a mph converter before the cable , the issue with this is when i steer to the right the cable/converter gets obstructed by the fork causing fluctuation to the speedo (flicker) that's why i want to change it to a mph one ,as the converter will come off and no more obstruction
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

then you will need an m-max box, or you'll be restricted to 10k (ish)
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Ballsout Racing »

So you're after just a mph speedo then?

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6927
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

lol
raul

Post by raul »

So you're after just a mph speedo then?

yes, the ebay link was just a example , i thought that kph clocks are restricted not the mph ones ; the m-max box ? what is it?
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Ballsout Racing »

raul wrote:So you're after just a mph speedo then?

yes, the ebay link was just a example , i thought that kph clocks are restricted not the mph ones ; the m-max box ? what is it?
I really don't know about restricted bikes or m-max boxes, hopefully someone else will help you with that. It was just that I had that mph speedo for sale. If you're ineterested in it just let me know.

Greville
raul

Post by raul »

thank you ,,,first i need to find out if is any help to achieve what i want with mph one
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

the restriction is in the ignition unit, it "talks" to the speedo to see how fast you are going.. and cuts the spark if you exceed 180kph.. if it doesnt find a kph speedo to talk to , it just restricts the revs in every gear. The M-max box gets round this by playing the part of a speedo that always says you arent going very fast.

only ignitions without this shite in them are uk spec l model.

they dont work on an H1.. well, not without re-wiring the loom, or making your own... which is what i did to get one on my H1 racebike.
raul

Post by raul »

ok in that case my best option is to fabricate somthing for the top end speedo cable to cure the obstruction ( you're a great man , huge aset to this forum)
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

or, if you dont mind butchering the kmh speedo, cut it open and take out the circuit board inside, wrap it in gaffer tape to prevent water entering it re-connect it. That way the tag on the back of the needle will never cut the photo sensor inside allowing your bike to go the full speed.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

you ever actually taken one apart Rob ? its a sodding nightmare trying to get them back together again..

i've got 3 sets of clocks still in pieces .. LOL

ooh.. be a good service to provide on exchange via ebay though ..
raul

Post by raul »

RedexRobB wrote:or, if you don't mind butchering the kmh speedo, cut it open and take out the circuit board inside, wrap it in gaffer tape to prevent water entering it re-connect it. That way the tag on the back of the needle will never cut the photo sensor inside allowing your bike to go the full speed.
i don't have a problem with the restriction on this clock(maybe previous owner derestricted it) its just on low speed 30to 50 all so i get a flutter some times and hard to tell what speed I'm doing the bike does rev of the clock
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

zimm, i think they seal the units round the glass so you cant open them, so i just went to it with a hack saw, i was showing lewis it earlier.

I got a little diagram for the circuit too, did start making my own then some russians got in touch with me asking if i knew anything about them and kindly handed me the circuit diagram for it!

So i just need to sit down one day and work out what its doing and see what i can knock up, i have a basic idea of how to make one, but i need to try it out.

raul, if your speedo is playing about liek tha it could be the cable, maybe run some oil down the cable and see if that sorts things out.