Emulsion Paint

Moderator: Moderators

U_h0rnet5
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400

Emulsion Paint

Post by U_h0rnet5 »

Hey I was wondering if it is possible to use normal emulsion paint for fairings? Its just for my race fairings so it doesn't need to be that great looking. Just saves money on spraying it up all the time.

Thanks
Ciaran #65
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: Emulsion Paint

Post by CaNsA »

dunno mate, colored gaffer tape is good though :D
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2

Post by lewisdale »

lol wouldnt use emoulsion, tends to be water based and will run and make a terrible mess if it gets wet, oil based paints should be ok, my mate once painted a transit with it and rollered it on and it was still fine a year later, and i myself have thinned it down and sprayed it on with a gun which came up quite well, the only downside is it make take a few days to dry properly, be a pain in the butt to ever repaint in cellulose paint and possibly any petrol spillages may leave marks,
the paint i used on my old van was just wickes own brand exterior gloss, would have thought it would be ok on a race bike
hope this helps
cdstirland81
My Bike: ZXR400H1 and proud!

Post by cdstirland81 »

you are all taking the piss right? just buy some rattle cans from halfords and take your time...
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
liam7200
My Bike: R6

Post by liam7200 »

yeah my dad painted his transit with a roller lol, so i think it should be ok as long as you dont plan on riding it on street lol you might get some stairs lol and as for halfords cans there ok but fu*k me u dont get alot in them and they cost a bomb i painted my 1990 xr3 with 2 part lol tuck a f**king age haha ill never do that again!!
live fast, die smiling....no regrets!
take care, live a long and tedious life!!!
I choose smiling!!!
U_h0rnet5
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400

Post by U_h0rnet5 »

Well I started to do it with the spray cans from Halfords but they have messed up my fairings stupid things :smt013.

Does anyone know of a place that does paint by the tin so that I can use my spray gun with a compressor??

Cheers Ciaran
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

have a search for paint distributors, there used to be a local place to redditch called Bancrofts but think they have moved so might be worth looking up on the net, they should be able to mix you any paint.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
alanh
My Bike: zxr400 L racebike/R1

Post by alanh »

coach enamel, bout £10 a litre, little bit of thinners and it comes out of a spray gun a treat, not a bad finish either and it'll be waterproof :pmsl . obv. you cant get colour matches etc. but if its just for a track bike it'll be fine
zxr400L Race Bikes Competing in EDIASIA F400 and thunderbikes with BMCRC in 2016 and an RD125LC MK1 restoration project