Spray Cans..

Moderator: Moderators

rickyt28
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L5

Spray Cans..

Post by rickyt28 »

How many of you have done a respray using spray cans?

I want to buy spare fairings, tank, wheels etc n spray um kawasaki green towards the end of summer and throughout the winter as a bit of a project n i wouldnt mind spraying them myself. I have a mate who has all the proper spray equipment (he does car body repair etc) who would do it for me, but i sort of want the satisfaction of doing it myself, and i would have to pay him. I think i could do it, i've sprayed mountain bikes and bmxs in the past to a satisfactory finish. But obviously i don't wnna feck it up and look like a tool on a ratty bike lol.

So has anyone done it with spray cans before? and how did it come out?

What do ye suggest??
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: Spray Cans..

Post by zimm »

use decent paint and rattle cans will be fine .. get your mate to get some 2 pack or something made up in aerosols.. cost between £10 and £15 a can normally, and any trade supplier should be able to do this

I get mine from http://borderautomotivepaints.com/index.html but .. only cos they're at the end of my road.
rickyt28
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L5

Post by rickyt28 »

Nice one mate. I've got a good local paint supplier http://www.paintproblems.co.uk/home.cfm and i've emailed them asking for a quote. I'll let you know what they say :)
SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by SOILZX »

I can highly recommend Border Automotive, have used them in the past (aswell as alot of my mates), funnily enough it's just at the end of my road!! I'll be getting the paint for my bike in the next week or so, me brother has already painted with it at work, says it's real good, gives a good finish and needs feck all flatting and polishing (bonus banana!)
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!