Side Fairings - won't fit anymore

Moderator: Moderators

banzay
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Side Fairings - won't fit anymore

Post by banzay »

Got this figgured out.

How do i take the key/contact down from the upper yoke? And how to i take down the lower yoke? Simply with a rubber hammer knocking in the middle bar (where was the upper yoke nut)? Or i have to take down more stuff?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

The ignition iirc is held in with a couple of bolts, just look underneath. Removing it shouldnt be necessary for taking the front end off, just unplug it from the loom.

Im not sure how your going about taking the front end off, but to get the yokes out your probably best taking the front wheel and mudguard out, and then each leg at a time. Once you have done that, undoing that top yoke you will be able to remove the top yoke. To get the bottom yoke out, you then need to undo the slottle ring nut underneath the top yoke. Ideally use a C spanner, or if you like a bit of butchery, use a screwdriver and a hammer. Once thats off i believe the whole lot will then fall out :smt001
banzay

Post by banzay »

The wheel, mudguard and each shockabsorber were off. The top yoke was off it was only attached to the ignition. Thought about screwdriver+hammering that ring nut but as you said, it is 'butcher style' and i will try finding a suitable spanner. Thanks! :)
banzay

Post by banzay »

Ok, so the situation is like this:

1. the radiator and its mounts were pushed forward (can't explain why since i did't fall driving backwards)
2. the oil radiator had a broken mount (i managed to brake the other mount to, like it was made of...plastic) and when i fixed it to the main radiator, it took its position and was pushed...offcourse, forward.
3. the wheel, at bumps, hit a little bit the oil radiator (its mask)

At saturday, i decided going to a 'walk in the park' with the zxr. The wheel hits a few times the oil radiator. I got mad. Went home, dismanteled the hole moto. Got down the water rad, cleaned the instalation, changed the antifreeze, changed the alternator gasket (a few drops of oil/day), put some silicone gasket to the water pump (a few more drops of oil/day). Now remains just to fill the left shock absorber with oil (god damn service monkeys, they filled it, and the next week it was all down :| and they were the ones they looked at the mounts, the frame etc and told me all is ok, the wheel will never hit the radiator)

Oh, and btw, i got a new bike (and i kept the zxr too)!!! Aprilia Pegaso '92. *(seems that '92 was a good year for bikes :)) )