Fairings needed

Moderator: Moderators

armo
My Bike: zxr 400

Fairings needed

Post by armo »

Hi there just wondering if any body knows of anywhere can get some fairings for l9 model,as I brought a bike with fairing which looked good but not until got the bike released they look rather crappy and did not realise how hard these things are to find, also would be nice to put a different single seat on if any body knows of them aswell
thanks
mxj560
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L2

Re: Fairings needed

Post by mxj560 »

Hi there

You can get fairing relatively easily on ebay, but getting a whole set will be very difficult, that is unless you buy one of the Chinese "knock-off" sets. I am currently awaiting a nose cone from one of these, fingers crossed it arrives. When it does, I'll post a review for everyone to see.

In terms of the single seat unit, (cue the plugging), I happen to have one for sale on ebay at the moment, but haven't had chance to pop it in the classifieds.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZXR400-Single ... 35b4c08254

Have a look, and if it's what you're after let me know, I'm sure a deal can be done.

Thanks

Matt
armo

Post by armo »

hi cheers matt
i must admit i have been looking at those kits you can buy and was not to sure how good they would be or how well they fit, and i been looking at miss matching panels and then getting all sprayed i cant work out my best option really,as can prop tell new to all this,
but that would be great to hear how you get on with yours
as for the seat i need a road one as the guy i got the bike off had a track one on before and well its not the best, but cheers for the offer

chris
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

If you post up pics of the colour scheme you looking for I can see whats about here - just sent the left and Right side fairing panels for a H to the UK with out problem :smt003

Also have a couple of single seat units for the L in stock , one is an original SP/M and the other is a piece of Unobtanium from Magical racing :smt007 It was designed purely for track bikes but a cut out has been made for a rear light unit. I also have a SP/M subframe kicking about too.

MM!
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
armo

Post by armo »

Hi mori man wellmto be honest colour scheme isnt my main issue but don't want anything to wild and outbthere as at the moment I have no fairings at all apart from the race ones which aren't great and a single rear seat which I like but no idea what type it is and can not find under tray for. I see if I can attach a photo
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

Mori,

Have you seen anyone making a more modern looking race upper/lower? I've been looking to take something and mod it to fit the 400. I might do it to the new zx10 bodywork. Narrow it to fit better and close up the stock ram air and make an intake to match the over the radiator intake on the 400. I'd love to find a set like on Bradl's Moto2 bike. :)
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

http://kdcfrp.cside.com/partsrist/zxr400.html

The only company I know of.

MM!
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

Yea, I've got their bodywork now. Still have the TL style tail, sold the zx6r stlye. Now I have a GP style tail being made by Catalyst Composites for the 400. I'd like a more modern looking upper/lower. Guess I'll have to make my own. :)
armo

Post by armo »

Hi there sorry for taking so long to get back to you, been with out computer for bit, some of these bits do look quite good only thing is I have no idea how much any of it works out to, what sort cost would it be also rough to get it sent over if you have any ideas,
Thanks very much for your help