Moderator: Moderators

beermaker
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400H2

Nose fairing

Post by beermaker »

Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get a nose fairing for a H1 model (the one with the twin round headlights) without breaking the bank? Was going for one on the 'bay but the seller ended the auction early and the only other ones I can find are for the L models with the more modern headlamp or are pattern parts from the far east (no probs with that other than the fact they want £160!!!) When the prices get that high it's tempting to sell my GS500 (which I don't ride anymore) buy a ZXR and break for parts!! Hope someone can help!

Cheers
Phil
mxj560
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L2

Re: Nose fairing

Post by mxj560 »

Hi

Unfortunately you're going to really struggle to find one for cheap. In any kind of accident (even dropping the bike at standstill) the nose is usually the part of the fairing that takes the brunt of the impact and breaks.

You will be lucky to get an original for less than £150.
beermaker
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by beermaker »

bugger :o( will just have to keep looking! the hard part is actually finding one for a H model!! Gutted that the one I was looking at was delisted. Seriously considering buying another ZXR and using it as a donor bike and selling what I don't use for parts.
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

One of the problems with owning a H is that they were never officially imported to the UK, they are greys. Parts for H models are harder to source than for the official import, the L.

If you seriously decide to get another ZXR then look at an L. Makes life easier.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
beermaker
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by beermaker »

Cheers for the info Tirpitz :o) will keep looking for a H fairing as I'm in no massive rush to fix up the bike and I love the look of it with two round headlamps. I'm sure I'll get something at some point if I'm patient!
old bones
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by old bones »

have complete h2 fairing here twin headlight type,,,,,,let me no if intrested will sell complete
beermaker
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by beermaker »

Cheers OB - could be interested but depends how much you want as we're quite skint at the moment as we're doing major renovations to the house to sell it which is why I'm looking to replace the nose only and patch everything else up with fibreglass.

Would a nose fairing off an L model fit the H frame and side fairings with a little adaptation? I'm no stranger to fibreglass and botching! The other option open to me is to streetfighter it which I'd rather not do but we're down to one car now so need to get back on the road as cheaply as possible!

Cheers
Phil