Solo seat BACK TO Pillion (HOW?) I'm a dummy!

Moderator: Moderators

Equalz
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L1

Solo seat BACK TO Pillion (HOW?) I'm a dummy!

Post by Equalz »

Hello there everyone!

I currently have a solo seat conversion on my ZXR. The question is, how do I get it back to accommodating a pillion? So far I have bought the rear sub-frame, and the left hand and right hand rear panels and of course the pillion foot rests. I have yet to buy the pillion seat as I haven't found one for the right price on eBay as of yet. Is all I need now the pillion seat and some bolts and nuts?

Cheers,

Tom.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Solo seat BACK TO Pillion (HOW?) I'm a dummy!

Post by cargo »

It could be that your bike never had a pillion seat ! In fact I really do hope it never had one.
What did you need the new sub frame for ? Was the rear light moot attached to it ?
Equalz
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L1

Post by Equalz »

The rear light is a custom job, it's stuck to the belly pan that sits above the rear tyre if that makes sense? I had to buy a rear sub-frame as there wasn't one present when I took off the solo seat to have a look.

I wasn't aware that any of them were manufactured without pillion seats, what does this mean? Does this make my bike special ^.^? I'm guessing not! Haha.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

got any pics?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Certain ZXR400 models were made with solo seats only...................the odds are that yours is NOT one of them

You'll need more than just the subframe to refit the pillion seat.............rear light, pillion hangers and pegs, seat, seat lock mechanism, rear under tray/mudguard number plate hanger, number plate light, seat, side panels and I'm sure other bits too.