Interchanging fairings

Moderator: Moderators

voodoo564
My Bike: zxr400H '89

Interchanging fairings

Post by voodoo564 »

Hello all,
this is my first post after having a look around so i apologize if its been covered in another topic ( if so link it, would be very much appreciated) but i was wondering how interchangable all of the fairing were for the zxr series. By this i mean i currently own a 1989 zxr400H, i've looking around for things like a carbon fibre front mudguard or rear hugger and all that appears is later models (L1-9) or ones for the zxr750H. Is it possible to buy one for one of these other models and have it fit right in no issues? or is it just worth giving up on the idea all together?
Shes been streetfightered so im not looking for the whole shabang of side and all the front end fairings! Any help or pointers would be very much appreciated! Thank you!
Jamie
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: Interchanging fairings

Post by CaNsA »

H and L fairing are not a straight swap.

As far as i know, all L fairings are swappable, but on the later models there will be a couple of holes for the grab rail to slot through.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
voodoo564
My Bike: zxr400H '89

Re: Interchanging fairings

Post by voodoo564 »

Spent some time looking at the parts lists and figured it wouldnt be that easy! but thanks anyway! guess its back to the drawing board!