AMS Seat Unit - how to mount the battery?

Moderator: Moderators

Songshan
My Bike: kawasaki zxr400

AMS Seat Unit - how to mount the battery?

Post by Songshan »

Hi,

A little stuck, has anyone used one of these seat Units? If so how did you mount the battery without the standard battery case/holder thing? Also the under tray appears to meet up to the subframe but I'm not sure whether to drill and rivet it in or just zip tie it? 1st time in fitting so a little in the dark, any racers/track day riders on here able to offer any advise?

Cheers.
Songshan
My Bike: kawasaki zxr400

Re: AMS Seat Unit - how to mount the battery?

Post by Songshan »

So, I got some advise (Shaggy + Stuart).

The new AMS tail unit requires a bit of trimming which is fairly straight forward with a dremmel cutter. I opted to keep the OE under tray that the battery sits in but trim it back and secure the back with zip ties. The AMS under tray thing basically means you either need to fabricate something to hold the battery or run a zero loss system, neither of those I have the skills to do so chopping the plastic undertray was the easiest thing to do. So that's the rear end sorted. The front fairing is proving to be a pain as well, as it doesn't meet up with the standard front fairing bracket! AM wondering if a race front bracket would be any different?