Moderator: Moderators

Tricey27
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400

Fairing Fixing Advice

Post by Tricey27 »

Hi.

I am about 90% complete on my H1 project now and are hoping to have on the road for next weekend (fingers crossed)

Only slight issue now is when i got the bike no fairings was fitted to bike, so not really sure on what i require to fix them to the frame etc. Ive seen on pictures that it seems to be rubber grommits and bolts (maybe button head)

Does any one know if i can get some of the rubber grommits (generic) from somewhere and what size bolts are required.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Re: Fairing Fixing Advice

Post by Miles »

Cradleys but I'm not sure what you can still get for an H1
Tricey27
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by Tricey27 »

Thanks mate... ill give em a call!

Cheers
watsonm359
My Bike: ZXR400H2

Post by watsonm359 »

Most fixings are available, bar one if I recall correctly! I use CMSNL.com for certain parts as they do have a better stock availability although they take a little longer to deliver as they are based abroad.
fstarocka

Post by fstarocka »

I have an H2 and similar issues, I just bought large flat head bolts, they sit perfectly in the fairings and just put a fender washer and lock nut behind. That covers everything from your knees up.

Down at the bottom each side joins with an odd metal piece that screws to body and fairing.

Where the two join in front bottom best I could do was drill 2 small holes and use self tapping ss screws thru from the front into a thick piece of broken cam belt. I leave one permanently in and just undo on on the right side, easier to do as the bike stands.

If u have any cracks, find a very thin drill bit and trail the crack to where it stops and drill a small hole there, it will stop from going further.. :)

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk