New downpipes

Moderator: Moderators

jonny
My Bike: zxr400 L2

New downpipes

Post by jonny »

Just noticed a strange noise when I started up. Running my hand over the downpipes I found its blowing slightly. Was looking at getting new downpipes anyway as they are in a pretty poor condition. Was just wondering where people have brought theirs form and if they could recommend anywhere? Also how difficult are they to change? Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Jon
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: New downpipes

Post by RedexRobB »

They arent too hard to change, youll need to remove the fairing and move the radiator forward, plus replace with new exhaust gaskets.

As for buying a set have a look round, delkevic (spelling) are a popular replacement, theres also some smaller companies that do them but its a case of looking.

http://www.delkevic.co.uk/?section=shop ... 22&start=0

http://www.predatormotorsport.co.uk/sho ... hop_param=
jonny

Post by jonny »

Quality. Thanks a lot! I have been looking on ebay but they seem to be more expensive, plus I wasn't sure whether they would fit. Are they specific to each individual model? I have an L2 I assumed most L models would fit, or is that a stupid assumption? lol! Think I would actually rather just get the standard ones and know their actually going to fit.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Not too sure if you can still get standard exhaust downpipes...................anyway the cost would frighten you..................

All L model exhausts are the same fit anyway there might be some differences in the configuration of the pipes but if it's for a L model then it wil fit
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

jonny

Post by jonny »

Thanks for all the help.... Just got to find myself the spare £160 now, who needs to eat anyway!