S/S Downpipes for L3

Moderator: Moderators

harrisonjc87
My Bike: ZXR 400

S/S Downpipes for L3

Post by harrisonjc87 »

Hey,

After my bike being off the road over a year now for various problems it is time to replace my downpipes - It was the last thing that needed doing for MOT last year - Everytime we took them off and welded them...put them back on...they blew somewhere else... so gave up.. kept it off the road for the winter and now time to bite the bullet and invest in some Stainless Steel Downpipes!!

Where's best place to get them from?? And am I right in thinking that other L Model ones will fit on my L3??

Thanks in advance (:
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: S/S Downpipes for L3

Post by Mori Man »

H pipes should fit too but all L will

Don't be scared of mild steel systems - it's lack of care that rots them plus the fookin salt they put on the roads in Winter :smt013

Most original systems are twin walled headers - some of that had to do with "blueing " and users being dismayed but a lot of it has to do with heat retention to increase BHP. Factory bikes are restricted from the off but to overcome legislations that would make your bike run crap they keep the headers real hot so each expulsion is going into a clear tube. Titanium cools the quickest but the pay off is the weight saving.

Stainless Steel is heavier than mild steel - you will add more weight !

My PSK system uses mild steel headers and link pipe and is same design as BEET and works great , BEET original systems were also mild steel - these make more HP than their titanium counterpart although only a wee bit - but it's there.

Tsukigi systems also use mild steel.

MM!
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly