Stubby carbon can on l1

Moderator: Moderators

wilbur98
My Bike: ZXR400L1

Stubby carbon can on l1

Post by wilbur98 »

Hi all,
I've had a carbon end can made by a guy that used to make the stubby end cans for Yamaha moto gp team so it looks awesome. My only query is what is the internal diameter of a standard can because I'd like to make a baffle of some sort as I'm just worried it might affect performance and back pressure or will it be okay as it is? It sounds awesome though biggrin
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Re: Stubby carbon can on l1

Post by Tirpitz »

If it's got no baffle in it your bike will run lean, you will be down on power, fuelling will be all to cock and it will eventually chew up a piston crown or two. Fitting a baffle won't cure things either. Most end can replacements are not 'plug and play', the exhaust system is finely tuned with the carbs to deliver the required fuelling, alter the can and you bugger the fuelling generally. You will need to pay for dyno time and having your fuelling adjusted to run the race can, baffle or not.

Why do you need to know the internal diameter of the standard can when you're wanting to baffle the replacement? :smt017 If you're thinking of taking the old can to bits to rob it of baffles forget it.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock