New stainless full system

Moderator: Moderators

Columbo
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Re: New stainless full system

Post by Columbo »

banner001 wrote:ah good old ignore list...
Don't quite get how i've earned a spot on your ignore list.
Yes, I can see how it looks like i'm not listening.
What's actually happening here is that I have a very specific question that no-one has answered.

Where can I buy a stainless steel exhaust that is road legal and brand spanking new!?
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Post by bendog66 »

cough
banner001 wrote:sandy pipes are 52mm outer diameter and come with a removable 3-bolt adaptor plate, so you can use 52mm slip-on cans, or you can use (as stock) 72-~69mm centre-to-centre distances for 3-bolt cans, if you fancy a bit of work with a drill, you can accomodate 75mm centre-to centre bolt holes, and can go down to ~65mm centre-to-centre if necessary.
Columbo

Post by Columbo »

The website is dead.
Question remains unanswered!
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by bendog66 »

oh, and you're on banner's ignore list because you are planning on breaking the law by riding a vehicle you are not licenced to ride, therefore invalidating your insurance were you to have an accident and pushing other peoples premiums up. Although that's just a guess.

On a serious note, I'd go with the Sandy pipes as they're stainless copies of the originals with the standard can until your 2 years are up and then if you want to try and squeeze a bit more power out of it when you LEGALLY can buy a full system. I know it's a ballache, but it's a ballache most people on here have had to endure - me included
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by bendog66 »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZXR400-ZXR-40 ... 4167272018

I have actually owned a setof those
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

the only problem with the delkavic pipes is that the baffle is welded on, the sandy pipes allow you to remove the baffle to fit slip-ons.

the main reason you are on my ignore list is because it gets tiresome sometimes trying to help people who are clearly still children, i have just gained 2 masters students and 2 phd students that i need to supervise so im up to my elbows in children during my 70-hour a week job.

also what you asked for, not to put too much hyperbole on the statement, was "i wanna turbo my bike, after i get the certificate to say its 33bhp", we need more characters in the biking world, not more :wanker
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
Columbo

Post by Columbo »

bendog66 wrote:On a serious note, I'd go with the Sandy pipes as they're stainless copies of the originals with the standard can until your 2 years are up and then if you want to try and squeeze a bit more power out of it when you LEGALLY can buy a full system. I know it's a ballache, but it's a ballache most people on here have had to endure - me included
I wish that was described!
In that case, Banner has answered my question.
I just wish the Sandy website was up, rather than just the eBay store.

I'm usually the guy who follows the law to the letter.
Given the choiuce between blowing pipes and stainless steel that'd push me a little over 33bhp, I'd take the pipes.
Now that I know sandy make stainless versions of the original that will take the original can or a slip on, I'll go for a set of those.

Cheers guys!
MrLuke
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by MrLuke »

You don't need a certificate to prove your bike is 33BHP. One came with mine but no one has ever asked for it and no one probably will, as long as it is restricted that's all that matters. And I doubt a set of exhaust pipes would push you over 33bhp. I have Delkevic ones on mine FWIW
DobbieZXR
My Bike: ZXR400 L6

Post by DobbieZXR »

I've just got a sandy spares exhaust, sounds mint! needed modifications when it arrived though, needed the headers pulling out a bit, they've got a lifetime warranty which is good. im on a restricted licence, i got it dyno'd then took them out with my mild steel exhaust, a week later it rotted away and snapped, wasn't keen on the sound of a harley ;)
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Since when has "pulling headers apart" been a "modification?
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
DobbieZXR
My Bike: ZXR400 L6

Post by DobbieZXR »

its modifying the headers if you have to heat them up and tease them out...