Delkivic headers?

Moderator: Moderators

GrizzlyBear
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Delkivic headers?

Post by GrizzlyBear »

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice on wether or not to invest in these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZXR400-ZXR-40 ... 478wt_1399

My down pipes are in a really bad state, I assume they are the OEM mild steel ones, I'm running a micron end can which is fine. I've been reading on here about taking the headers off and stripping the rust off with a wire brush, then painting with BBQ paint but that seems to not work out as planned...

open to any knowledge you guys have biggrin

thanks in advance.
And I'm waiting for a sign, to show you that, that this is my crime and I know why, I know why I can't confess to this,
show you what I am.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Delkivic headers?

Post by banner001 »

you have 2 main options, delkevic and sandy spares, the delkevic ones are direct copies of the originals, the sandy spares are slightly different.

the difference between the two is probably 0.1bhp, sound is pretty much the same, i prefer the SS ones as they dont have the weld seam running along the top and bottom of the pipe where it contacts the can, but the SS ones are a tad wider than the OEM ones (i cant speak for delkevic) so you might find it melts your fairing unless you install a spacer between the bottom of the fairing and the frame.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
GrizzlyBear
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Re: Delkivic headers?

Post by GrizzlyBear »

Ok Banner, thanks for the help :)
And I'm waiting for a sign, to show you that, that this is my crime and I know why, I know why I can't confess to this,
show you what I am.