End can

Moderator: Moderators

B1akes

End can

Post by B1akes »

Am I best off getting a model specific end can? IE, one for a zxr400? Or is it generally not very hard to make something else fit? Obviously depending on dimensions.

Mine blows, needs replacing. Seen someone flogging a Micron off a GS750 or something, reckons the pipe is 51mm and it got me thinking.

Ta,

B1akes
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Re: End can

Post by bendog66 »

Depends entirely on what system you're running. If it's a standard system then not much else will fit, if it's a micron system then a 51mm won't fit,if it's a Beet then a 51mm may fit
B1akes

Post by B1akes »

Maybe I'll just get my hand in my pocket and get a new full system.

Are the Black Widow ones supposed to be good? Isn't there a post on here about the header pipes not lining up that good?

And no, I'm not spending a grand on a beet system!

B1akes
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

the delkevic ones mirror the original setup pretty much exactly, but its looks ugly (like the original), Black Widow have a different angle from the collector to the can so you might find that the bottom of your RHS fairing needs to be spaced away from the exhaust using a few washers, it gets rid of the two weld seams though and IMO looks like what should have originally been fitted.

zx7r cans can fit with a bit of modification to the bolt holes...just use a zxr400 specific one though, its not like they are hens teeth
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

addendum, if you drill out the rivets on your current can, you can buy carbon/ally/Ti tubes to the same diameter as your inlet and exhaust flanges, you buy some stainless steel perforated pipe, some exhaust wadding and some steel wire to help keep it bound together and you can make your own can...its what i did with mine.

the carbon pipe was bought to length, i cut down the perforated tube to length and had a mate weld on the end caps for £10
total cost is about £40 see HERE
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
B1akes

Post by B1akes »

Thanks for your replies guys.

Banner, your can looks ace, however I haven't currently got the patience or space to be fabricating something myself right now.

Maybe opt for the Black Widow and space out the fairing a bit.

Cheers.