Moderator: Moderators

Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

30Amp Blade Fuse Being An butt

Post by Jamz »

:x

I used to get this problem every March and April, then it'd disappear for the rest of the year.... now it's back and worse...

My ZXR keeps killing the blade fuse that plugs into the starter solenoid, off the live terminal of the battery. It doesn't actually BLOW the fuse - all i could see was a small black dot on one blade of the fuse, but that was enough to make all the electrics cut out and the bike dies. Put a new fuse in and it's fine again.

Looking closer at one today, it looks like the right hand side blade is heating up, as the plastic in the fuse is a bit bubbled.

At first i thought it could be a loose connection - so i tightened it up and it still happens.

Then thought maybe it was a dirty connection - cleaned it up, no joy.

I've actually changed the whole solenoid unit to another one, then back to the original one again.

I thought maybe it could be the regulator/rectifier, but does this even kick power back through that fuse??? I have a spare, but don't think this could be it.

So any ideas???

The battery earth seems ok, but then i don't really know what i'd be looking for to tell if it isn't :?
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja