Road legal end can

Moderator: Moderators

superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Road legal end can

Post by superman »

hi all, does anyone know where i can get (and how much) an original (road legal) end can for my ZXR4 as i only have the Scorp (not for road use) one at the mo. plus if the cops pull me what will they do if they see the exhaust aint legal? its loud but not over loud,

Also i like the look of them iridium bulbs where is the best place to purchase 1 from.
cheers, Rob.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

The standard can is well heave compared to aftermarket stuff. Make a baffle or you can even buy them. I had a removable baffle for my scorpion (which i eventually lost cos i didnt bot it in).

I got a picture somehwere of a baffle, ill upload it later so you know what they look like if you decide to make one. I made one from a bit of pushbike frame and a plate which i cut to size then welded em together :smt001
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I have a standard ZXR400 L can you can have cheap as chips
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

sounds to technical to me lol :smt017 ask me to make somethin via welding an im more than likely gona cock it up.but this baffle thing sounds cool is it somethin that goes on the end exhausts aint my strong point at all. soz if i sound abit thick here.

does any1 know where i can pick me up 1 of these bulbs will halfords do them? cheers :smt003
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

halfords will do them or any car accessory place but read this first http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400/iridium.html
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Yep the baffle slots into the end of the pipe to quieten it. You need to fix it in place tho or it will pop out!

You can buy them:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motorcycle-Exhaus ... dZViewItem
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

ah sweet i recon i could fit 1 of those i thought i was gona have to cut my exhaust an that. will that pass an MOT then? thanks for that handy piece of info.... :smt003

thanks cargo but i think im just gona go with the baffle i think, its the easyer option. :smt098