Set up with micron system.

Moderator: Moderators

Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Set up with micron system.

Post by Northern ANdy »

I have read on here about stopping up the air corrector jets when running an aftermarket exhaust. I have a micron and road legal micron can. When warm the bike would bog ever so little if I really opened the throttle quickly - quicker than possible from the seated position.
But also around the throttle area where the idle circuit was just switching over to the needles to provide the fuel, the throttle was like an on/off switch and engine braking was big.
So I've stopped my air correctors up this afternoon and set my pilot screws at 1 1/2 (which seemed the best position). Bike seems alot better now, the engine braking is reduced and throttle is smoother, not how I'd like it ideally but smooth enough. All was well on my ride, then odly at temp lights the idle dropped to the point of it stalling. It seems when I blip the throttle now from idle the revs dip below the point I have them set at, then pick up again.

Anyone else expericened this? I could muck about with it myself but its such a fag to take the rears off, then the tank, then the airbox.
Andy
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Re: Set up with micron system.

Post by Northern ANdy »

has no one got any ideas?
Andy
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

the only thing i know about jets mate is they are red and fly in groups.sorry!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
ratbag56
My Bike: zxr400 / 636

Post by ratbag56 »

have u got any photos of wot u did? i put a dyno jet kit on mind but it still has the same problems u just said?
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Northern ANdy »

well I took them back out today, I think I prefered it with them in. I'd forgotten what it was like, it positively howls up to red line, pulls much harder, but the on off switch at idle jet/needle and needle/idle jet has returned, which is a clown. Don't know what to do.
Andy
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Northern ANdy »

completely lost a cylinder today. Missing all the time, have now put washers under my needles while I was sorting the misfire, will let you know how it goes.
Andy
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

are these air corrector jets the inner of the 2 jets on the top of the carbs?
i had these blocked with small pieces of wire when i got my racebike... did'nt know why they where there , so i ripped em out. runs fine now, but never ran it with them in tho....
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Northern ANdy »

no they are at the bottom of the carb mouths, the upper and more central ones out of the pair in each carb.

Re: The washers, runs alot better for raising the needles.
Andy