micron system to standard can exhaust adapters for zxr400

Moderator: Moderators

tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400l4 zx7r

Re: micron system to standard can exhaust adapters for zxr400

Post by tobomoto »

i see what you mean now! i tack welded them on the outside to hold it all together as if i had welded all the way around the outside then the nuts wouldnt fit on it properly. it is fully welded on the inside (ill try to put pics up soon but the gf has my camera :smt013 ) as it needs to be gas tight. i may have another way to do them fully welded around the outside but that may be a bit restrictive as it means the tube would reduce in size, somthing like this:-
the top one is the current one and the other one is possible although the price would probably go up a bit as i have to buy the metal already shaped like that. (sorry about the crappy pics!)
anything is possible with enough time and money. and an open mind...
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tobomoto »

hi all. might have a bit of a problem with doing these in future. ive been made redundant so i no longer have the facilities to make these. at present i dont have a tig welder of my own but hopefully ill try to sort one in a few months. (im going travelling for 3 months very soon). cheers all, toby.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

no problem toby, sad to hear you lost your job.
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tobomoto »

im not rob. the place is going under so i thought i would get somthing from them! i was starting to get loads of hassle and stress from the job anyway. also i will have a bit of time to get my bike sorted out.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

lol, well i guess if it was doing your more harm than good then probably a good idea. Going anywhere interesting for your travels?
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tobomoto »

yeah i was fed up with sorting out everyone elses f**k ups while i was getting the blame for it. i think theyve realised whats been going on but i see it as a case of too little, too late. their loss.
im looking to go to australiaville for 3 months but ive got to get stuff sorted before i go. i got to have some injections then wait a few weeks before they are working properly ect so im going to strip my bike down and rebuild it. then sort my car out, then the wenches car, then a mates zxr400 and somone elses zx7r. looks like ill be busier than when i was at work!! i cant wait to go though. ill be on my own but ill write a bit of a diary and put some pics up on faceache. i should be getting another laptop to take so i may even start a thread on here if there is any interest.