??????????????

Moderator: Moderators

kermit the frog
My Bike: zxr400 L9

??????????????

Post by kermit the frog »

should i buy a new can or a full system and why oh and who from??????????????????
never give up!
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: ??????????????

Post by Mori Man »

Some cans might give a HP or two but all will sound better than standard.

For better power gains go full system , in the UK Micron seem to be the most popular. Your carb's will need to be jetted accordingly

I would avoid Delvic as your just putting on a copy of the original that's heavier (Stainless steel) and still as restrictive.

What you after , Noise, looks, performance, cheap?
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
kermit the frog
My Bike: zxr400 L9

Post by kermit the frog »

i was looking for sound and looks, power is a bonus but i dont want to loose power. i was thinkin bout a scorpian cuz they aupposedly sound awesome but they are like £200+. also should i get titanium or stainless?????

cheers
never give up!
gazza12343
My Bike: kawasaki zxr400

Post by gazza12343 »

kinda depends on how much money you have and what ones you like...i have a full micron system with a stubby can an its awesome, the sound is indescribeable an the power gain is good too, a micron silencer does not fit the standard downpipes so i needed a full system.
the bike did have a scorpion race can, sounded awesome lil more power an fits the standard downpipes.
you can get silencers from aroind £80 i think an go up to £1000 + lol but a full system is alot more expensive
Tom1528
My Bike: ZXR400 L1

Post by Tom1528 »

what does getting your carbs re-jetted mean/do? would you have to do this if you were riding with no end can and could no end can dammage your bike?
"If it's not broken, fix it 'till it is - If your not sure how it works, take it apart and find out - If it don't work when you put it back together.......look in the manual"
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Tom1528 wrote:what does getting your carbs re-jetted mean/do? would you have to do this if you were riding with no end can and could no end can dammage your bike?
As you open up the exhaust system the engine has the ability to expel it's fumes quicker.

If you go for a rapid 300m dash wearing a mask you'll gasp for air - so does your bike with an OEM zorst.

Remove the mask and you breath real easy and can produce more power but in doing so you burn more carbohydrates - your bike uses fuel.

So, once you make it exhale better you need to make it breath better and feed it more energy.

No end can and no re-jetting = burn out valves ! DON'T do it!

MM!
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Tom1528
My Bike: ZXR400 L1

Post by Tom1528 »

Mori Man wrote:
Tom1528 wrote:what does getting your carbs re-jetted mean/do? would you have to do this if you were riding with no end can and could no end can dammage your bike?
As you open up the exhaust system the engine has the ability to expel it's fumes quicker.

If you go for a rapid 300m dash wearing a mask you'll gasp for air - so does your bike with an OEM zorst.

Remove the mask and you breath real easy and can produce more power but in doing so you burn more carbohydrates - your bike uses fuel.

So, once you make it exhale better you need to make it breath better and feed it more energy.

No end can and no re-jetting = burn out valves ! DON'T do it!

MM!
geddon mate thanks! thats made it clear as crystal! :D how is re-jetting done? are the jets just replaced with larger ones to let more fuel through? will a garage do it and how would you know what size needs to be used? Cheers!
"If it's not broken, fix it 'till it is - If your not sure how it works, take it apart and find out - If it don't work when you put it back together.......look in the manual"