Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: Formula 3 kawasaki Racing exhaust

Post by Mori Man »

Got it bolted on today :excited

They use drilled head allen bolts for the exhaust flanges but my studs were not for coming out and I was sure as toad going to snap em trying ! :smt005

So for now the headers are sealed in with copper silicone but are blowing ! Some titanium will sort that out tomorrow (pic's to follow)

Can hanger strap is only temp as well and I will mod' the stay too.

Love the lines of the can running with tail unit and I am thinking a new carbon sleeve just might be the ticket (opinions welcome) , the alloy one just now is dinged here and there so needs to be replaced.

The sound is fantastic , a right deep rumble and suprisingley it doesn't turn into a roar further up - well not much :smt002

Performance - the best I have bolted onto the bike so far, instantly more grunt especially low down - pulls like a train up to 10K then hits ballistic mode to rev limiter :smt003

Once i get the niggles sorted tomorrow I'll set up the camera to do some on board film giving it the berries :smt001

This one is a keeper for sure and my BEET will hang in retirement :smt010 But maybe I should find a Ti pipe maker and commission this F3 design in full Ti :smt007 :smt007 I dread to think the cost but if the bike is for ever then every year that cost halves :smt003 that's what I'll tell the missus anyway :smt002

Kicking myself as i saw another up for sale a while back and let it go and a even bigger kick when there was a NOS one 2yrs ago and i hummed and hoed over it, doh!

I know some one on the board is running one of these , be nice if they have a dyno chart showing what the curve and AF is like with it ??

Just warming up vid :

How it looks :smt016

ImageImageImage

Forgot to button up the bottom fixing on lower cowl oldman

Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Here's the Ti solution:
P1190501.jpg
Fitted up:
P1190502.jpg
Headers are going a gorgeous Golden colour :smt007 :
P1190513.jpg

I'll get some pic's and vid done some time next week, going to get some quotes on a carbon sleeve but no rush just now :smt002

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
will#224
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: L1 racer

Post by will#224 »

The carbon sleeves are quite cheap

http://www.pjengineering.co.uk/
SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by SOILZX »

That is PHATTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! :smt007
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!
SixOne
My Bike: ZXR400

Post by SixOne »

I've just taken off a very similar system from mine, becuase the link pipe has rusted to buggery. The four headers themselves are perfect, it's just the pipe where the four of them meet that's rusted through. Anyone have any ideas where I can source one? Cheers, Tim
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

thats sounds very similar to my Beet system going by that video, thats also a 4 into 1. Nice bit of kit!