snapped down pipe, new exhaust??

Moderator: Moderators

monkeyman

snapped down pipe, new exhaust??

Post by monkeyman »

Hi..

I had a strange problem on my bike where the final section of my downpipe sheared off completely just next to where the end can bolts on. I need to fit a new sytem but want to know what's the best systme to use. I know that some can cause the bike to have a very weak mid-range.

I was thinking of putting a micron system on but would like to know if it's the most suitable and whether you need to adjust the carbs etc.??

Thanks
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: snapped down pipe, new exhaust??

Post by RedexRobB »

this happened on my first ZXR when the previous owner had it, they got it welded up so maybe another option for you?

Delkevic i think are close copies as you can get, website has them for 143 quid, one or two members here have them fitted, so if they read this post you might get some feedback on them.

http://www.delkevic.co.uk/?section=shop ... 22&start=0
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Gem has one of these on his zx7r but as robB says i'd be more inclined to get it welded up either the original flange put back on or a bit of round tubing to allow fitting a slip on can.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

Thanks for the advice. Yeh I've heard about the delkevic downpipes and have heard they're good. I would love to get the current ones fixed up but they're very rusted already and i doubt they'll last another winter so this may be the best forward in any case. I think i'll go for the delkevic ones and see how they go. I could also leave some feedback on here, maybe a thread to say how good they are seeing as how common rusted (needing replacing) downpipes are on the zxr.

Cheers
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

The other bonus with the delkevic system is that its stainless steel, so it wont rust away again :)
bigjonny01
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L1

Post by bigjonny01 »

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem but my pipes are still in good nic, no rust at all, so a weld fix is a possibility. Just wandering what kind of price you got for replacing the whole exhaust system to see if that would be the better option anyway?

Cheers,
Jonny