micron downpipes problem

Moderator: Moderators

tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr 400 h1

Re: micron downpipes problem

Post by tng21 »

right well managed to give them some "zimm style persuadence" and the centre's not touching anythingnow. So tonight when the neigbour gets home,will be welding the bolt on bit to it and job done.

I did look at the can last night and the ridge on the inside looks like it could possibly be sanded down so it slips right on the centre section then i couldjust put a ring on the centre to boltit to.

Instead of cutting the end off the micron ( is this ok to do due to the stuff inside them? ) and welding on this flange ill have to chop off the old pipes.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

what can are you trying to fit ?

why not just get a micron can ?

surely you'd be able to get a replacement end cap for the can so it becomes a slip-on ?

edit ; speak to a16 road n race on 01507 480455 / 07932 751791 they should be able to sort something out
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

zimm, it was just a issue of affording to buy a micron can whenihave my ART can sitting there. Also easier come to MOT time if i need to put the standard kwak can on i have in the shed.

Cheers for the numbers but ive had it welded on now. its all fitted and im like a kid at christmas waiting for tommorow when i can put the rad and everything back on. Bet i wont get to sleep tonight lol.

just need to put it back on, fill her back up with oil and coolant. And try it.

It has no mot or tax or insurance yet so cant go anywhere but then i have to get some new header bolts and a gaskets for the headers. Maybe change all my rust nuts and bolts for some shiney one i have in the shed while waiting for the cash to get her legal on the road again.

would take a pic of how it is now but its dark. will get pics up tommorow
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

well i got it fitted,ive now got to the enevitalbe bit of putting the bits backon and not knowing where everythings going lol.
So i was hoping to get it all back together easily and running tonight but progress is so slow now i doubt it will be :smt011

stupid things like my crash bungs arent even going back in. Should of took reference pictures before itook it apart i think.

Now im bolloxed lol

3rd pic is to ask if that thick wiring tube,is that ment to go BEHIND the big brackets that bolt to theframe?oras it is infront of it? Please say infront so i dont have to take it all apart again lol

The 4th pic is of the plastic bits that go behind the brackets on the rad, but at the time i forgot what they were so i didnt fit them not knowing where they go. Ive now realised what they are, are they important or can they be left off at all?
Scott221
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by Scott221 »

What the f*** are those brackets?

The 3rd pic is just your loom so it doesnt really matter where it goes. Just tuck it away nicely and make sure its not exposed. I can't comment on the last question but they don't look that important.
One life, Live it!
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

well after looking i can see that the two large holes will fit over the rubber bongs on the rad. Basically bits of plastric that just cover the end of the rad each side. Just wasnt sure if they go on for a reason, ie would kwak put em on if they didnt need to be there, being more cost to them like.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Amazingly if you look in the manual available of this site you'll find a pipe and cable routing diagram.............................
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

well connected everything backup. put oil in it, connected tank back upbut just sitting on the bike as i want tomake csure enough coolants in it. ignition switch all hooked up, all wairing correct and present as far as im aware. Turn on ignition, lights all come on , press the start button, amd nothing. Nothing what so bloody ever. Anyone got any ideas that i might not have done?
Scott221
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by Scott221 »

Is it in gear, kill switch, battery...?
One life, Live it!
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

only thing it might be, would be the kill switch. Mind you the kill switch never worked before. Battery's been charged. and its notin gear.

How do i check trhe kill switch properly? It was never working before i took it off the road
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

could be the 30amp main fuse?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

well ive just checked that and there was rather a lot of white corrosion around ONE of the turminals. Took it off cleaned itallup and still nothing.

Is there a way to check the actual fuse?

anything else it could be? I wana take apart the surround to the kill switch to see whats going on inside but the screws have rounded off and i cant them out :smt013
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

twat it with a sledgehammer :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

well ive just looked at the 30 amp fuse again. took the connections back off again, sanded em, cleaned em. Put emback on again, nothing. But if i get a bit of wire and touch the two terminal with it, the bike tries to start without even pressing the button?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

summat not right there mate you saying if you bridge the fuse connectors it spins? then your starter button must be buggered?