micron downpipes problem

Moderator: Moderators

tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr 400 h1

Re: micron downpipes problem

Post by tng21 »

yeah basically, ive got a end of wire on each terminal, then the wire at the other end it twisted together, once youtouch the terminals, the bike tries to start,just like it should do. But thats without the keys even having to be in the ignition
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

have you got a multimeter? check continuity of the fuse, sounds like there is a short somewhere and its blown the fuse.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

i havent but i can get one if i spin up to the old mans. And i take it this fuse is going to be a cradleys job again?

in fact ill pop up there now and get it
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

should be able to get a fuse from anywhere
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Scott221
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by Scott221 »

Can get fuse boxes from halfords!
One life, Live it!
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

i take it we still talking about the cylinder type fuse thing. I can get that from halfords?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

is it same as this?

tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

oh my ****ing good god. i thought you ment the bit the nuts bolt to. The cylinder shape thing. On mine you cant see that blade fuse, it has a cover on it, which wouldnt actually come off, so ithought it wasnt ment to. Ive just chopped it off with a stanley knife and the blade fuse has melted to buggery. Ive been off out looking for multimetres and been to loads of bike places and others looking for the cylinder shape part. I have a spare 30 amp BLADE fuse on the bike.

now im really fannied off lol :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt014

just changed the30amp fuse, itys still not doing it by the start button though. Ive had a ****ing gut fullof this **** :smt017 :smt018 :smt013 :smt014 :smt010 :smt011 :smt014 :rant
Last edited by tng21 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

you'll be wanting this one then??
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

well ive just chopped the bit off so i can replace the fuse. But its still not starting with the start button. Im getting arsed off now
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

well by connecting the 2 terminals as you have done is bypassing the starter relay and sending a direct 12v to the starter motor which is why the bike has spun over. If you have replaced the fuse and its not gone pop straight away and you have nothing when you pressed the starter button then either your starter button or kill switch is buggered.

get a multimeter on the terminal that goes to the starter motor and with ignition on press the starter button then work back to see where the voltage stops.you could of course check the voltage from the junction box to the starter button also, and check to see if you can here a click coming from the junction box when you hit that starter button, could be the starter circuit relay playing up.lots to try mate, don't lose heart with it.

you have connected the loom up under the airbox haven't you?
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

:smt017 what loom under tha air box? i havent took anyone off from under the air box.

i know my kill switch hasnt worked since i had the bike,but the start button did. Icant get the screws out of the houseing to see if anything amiss on the switch gear
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

tng21 wrote::smt017 what loom under tha air box? i havent took anyone off from under the air box.
that eliminates that then
tng21 wrote:i know my kill switch hasnt worked since i had the bike,but the start button did. Icant get the screws out of the houseing to see if anything amiss on the switch gear
ok lets assume the starter is still sending a signal to the junction box then, have you checked all fuses in the junction box? i don't think they do anything to the starter circuit tho' thats what the 30amp is for. check the wiring into the junction box make sure nothings come loose.
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

ive checked the junction box and all wiring seems to be fine there. What i wana do is get the casing open for the starter button/ killswitch, but the barsted screws are rounded and i cant undo em.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

well if you can't get it apart then trace the connectors for the switchgear, there is 2 black/red wires going up to the starter button try and bridge them someway to see if it turns over, if it does then your starter button is buggered.