de-restricting

Moderator: Moderators

BrianZXR
My Bike: zxr400h2

Re: de-restricting

Post by BrianZXR »

im not saying disconnecting the speedo drive will help , all im saying is it narrows it down to the actual speedo being the cause of the restriction
BrianZXR

Post by BrianZXR »

firstly , i havnt said disconnecting the speedo cable will help , disconnecting the speedo cable will narrow his options as to what is wrong , if his bike doesnt hit this 85mph wall with the speedo disconnected then its a very easy way of knowing its his speedo unit that is the problem and he can take it from there instead of going the long drawn out way of cdi units and the like
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

:smt017 :smt017 :smt017
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

BrianZXR wrote:firstly , i havnt said disconnecting the speedo cable will help , disconnecting the speedo cable will narrow his options as to what is wrong , if his bike doesnt hit this 85mph wall with the speedo disconnected then its a very easy way of knowing its his speedo unit that is the problem and he can take it from there instead of going the long drawn out way of cdi units and the like

I've read this through 6 times now and I'm still none the wiser.......................... :smt017 :smt017

It doesn't make sense
BrianZXR

Post by BrianZXR »

why doesnt it make sense ? , disconnect the speedo cable , then the speedo reads zero at whilst riding , hence if his bike is restricted because of some speed reading restriction it wont work , his bike will think its stood still and the 85mph restriction wont be kicking in , undoing a clip at the back of the speedo will only send the cdi into default and restrict the bike to 10k rpm ,easy solution to an easy problem , no point taking bike to bits if its not needed
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2

Post by lewisdale »

but if his bike is restricted due to the speedo/cdi it will easily go past 85mph and up to about 112mph before restriction kicks in
BrianZXR

Post by BrianZXR »

yes i agree , but hes saying it hasnt changed since hes put the new cdi unit on , its made no difference at all , he could still be connected at the back of the speedo which could be set to 85mph ????? , just suggesting taking the speedo and its reading out of the picture by removing the speedo cable , he hasnt said if its reving through the rev range at lower speeds , if it is, but just wont go past 85 mph surely the bike is ok but all the restrictions havnt been removed ?
BrianZXR

Post by BrianZXR »

i feel very lucky i am not having this kind of trouble , seems to be alot of information and conflicting advice
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

BrianZXR wrote: conflicting advice

and it's all coming from you :wanker
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Never heard of "Blade" :smt017

it might be that they have de-tuned the carb's and put in smaller main jets.

When my SP carb's were still jetted for airbox and OEM pipe the bike rev'd fine 1st through 2nd then started to tail off as I went up each gear by top it must of been doing about 80+ mph max and wouldn't rev past 7~8k

Took the main jets out (98 rings a bell) and put in 130's and off it went like a scolded cat :smt003

have a look at your main jet sizes if in the high 90#s with OEM kit then it's something else if they are 72ish bin them.

MM!
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

If you do a search on the forum you will find:

Import bikes have a speed restriction of 112MPH no more NO less (reducing . restricting speed DOES NOT reduce power output ! )

Some bikes seem to have restricted CDI's but this is most likely due to them also having softer grind cam's installed - these bikes are typically 8 BHP down on power.

Some bikes also have smaller carb's too.

None of the above is a Golden rule for an import bike except they were all restricted to 112 MPH by a pink wire coming out of the clocks and going to the CDI.

Some import bikes might have this circumvented already , running no speedo cable does work but then you've no idea what speed your doing so you might as well be doing 112 MPH and knowing :smt005

Check you carb's, look and see if the float bowls have been tampered with too - sounds like an overkill job was done on it as a piece of PVC tubing placed inside the carb top cover to restrict how high the throttle valve opens easily sets it to 33BHP - look for that too.

MM!
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

cargo wrote:
BrianZXR wrote: conflicting advice

and it's all coming from you :wanker
No mess I hope ! shocking
BrianZXR

Post by BrianZXR »

i thought this forum was to help people not insult them , daft little pictures of what you do in your spare time cargo aint helping anyone
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

BrianZXR wrote:i thought this forum was to help people not insult them , daft little pictures of what you do in your spare time cargo aint helping anyone
:smt005

yes your right , it is here to help - but noobs always get it in the neck :smt002

So, before this goes any further gents - a wee apology from both and it's forgive and forget :smt008

I have a "mod" button, don't make me use it :smt003

MM!
BrianZXR

Post by BrianZXR »

what do you mean by "noobs always get it in the neck " ? dont see the need for apologies either , some people just cant help the way they are , whats a "mod" button ?