Restrictor questions??

Moderator: Moderators

wildkid
My Bike: ZXR400L 99reg

Restrictor questions??

Post by wildkid »

I have to fit a restrictor to my zxr400 but will a quill exhaust can effect its bhp ?
Daniel.p
My Bike: Zxr400 93

Re: Restrictor questions??

Post by Daniel.p »

hey my bikes restricted aswell got a scorpion can on it doesnt effect the performance atall really because your being restricted with air and fuel
Ride it like you stole it
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

wildkid wrote:I have to fit a restrictor to my zxr400 but will a quill exhaust can effect its bhp ?

hard to answer without being negative..................

no !
Jimzxr400L1
My Bike: zxr400 L1

Post by Jimzxr400L1 »

hia pal ive got restrictors in my bike and i have got full stainless exhaust fitted and a little stubby can like a copy of a racefit growler sounds amazing it shouldnt do anything to the poformance but it will lean the mixture because the gasses are getting out of the bike quicker than they can get in because of the restrictors best thing to do put can on then get bike jetted to suit i dont think you will need to change ive not even checked mine runns sweet so.........JIM :tease
wildkid
My Bike: ZXR400L 99reg

Post by wildkid »

Ok cheers mate, shamefully my washers are going in soon :(, got my mod 2 in 2 days so hopefully i pass this :L
Daniel.p
My Bike: Zxr400 93

Post by Daniel.p »

Being restricted is actually very good btw iv had my bike unrestricted for a few weeks before and you find yourself pushing it to the limit far too often without the major speed you seem to concentrate on getting through your corners smooth and finding your positioning, its not a bad thing mate :D
Ride it like you stole it