115mph only,help please

Moderator: Moderators

zxaaahhhhh
My Bike: tomos moped

115mph only,help please

Post by zxaaahhhhh »

hi,im new so hello to every1 problem i got is i have a j plate uk model zxr400l which will only do 115mph flat out,i got a dyno sheet of the person i bought here from stating 62.6horses she should be going more than 115mph read about people having 140mph out of thiers?any got any ideas ive seen those rev boosters and stuff on ebay but i think they for imports,any help greatley appreciated
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

has anyone messed about with its gearing?

i think the bigger u go with the back sprocket, u get increased acceleration but lower top speed.

did the previous owner have a restricted license? just trying to establish it was restricted after its dyno test?

may have washers in the carbs u c

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
zxaaahhhhh

Post by zxaaahhhhh »

not sure about the gearing have to check,it doesent seem to rev itself out in the top to gears which made me think it restricted some how, but been told since that because its a uk bike it not restricted in anyway?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

The standard sproket sizes are 15 teeth on the front and 45 teeth on the rear.

It may well be restricted in terms of 33bhp becuase 115mph sounds about right for a restricted ZXR, only way to know it to take the carbs off and check.

Post by Guest »

ok cheers thanks for info on sprocks
mongo

Post by mongo »

RobB wrote:The standard sproket sizes are 15 teeth on the front and 45 teeth on the rear.

It may well be restricted in terms of 33bhp becuase 115mph sounds about right for a restricted ZXR, only way to know it to take the carbs off and check.
You dont have to take the carbs off to check if the plates are there. Take the tank and airbox off, then look under the inlet rubbers to see if theres a metal plate between the rubbers and the cylinder head.

The other way is to open the throttle wide open and look down the carbs, you should be able to see if theres a round plate with a round circle in the middle.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

mongo wrote:
You dont have to take the carbs off to check if the plates are there. Take the tank and airbox off, then look under the inlet rubbers to see if theres a metal plate between the rubbers and the cylinder head.

The other way is to open the throttle wide open and look down the carbs, you should be able to see if theres a round plate with a round circle in the middle.
Now theres a man with his head screwed on! Very good point! And welcome to the forum :smt001

Post by Guest »

thanks for all the help
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Zx7r

Post by diesel »

take your foot off the brake :smt005
Quicker Than Yngwie

richie400ss

Post by richie400ss »

is it an import?

if it is, they are restricted to 'something' kph, which is somewhere between 115 and 120. disconnect the speedo cable and ask a mate to verify your top speed.

if that's it, you can buy a frig device for under £20 or do what i did and just remove the speedo cable.