Restricted

Moderator: Moderators

tUnAfISh

Restricted

Post by tUnAfISh »

I have a NSR125 at the moment and was looking at a L9 zxr for when I passed my test, was just wondering how these things go like when theyre restricted to 33bhp. ie. 0-60, top speed. I know my nsr runs out of revs because of the restriction and I hate it. Thanks
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hi, i went from a nsr125 to my zxr400 unrestricted tho', good choice of bikes there!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
tUnAfISh

Post by tUnAfISh »

I'll probably be buying as much bits as possible to make it lighter just wanted to know if it has the same kind of performance as my nsr would have if it was restricted, ie 0-60 5 secs, top speed around 100.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

think it has a tad more power than the zxr mate.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Head-Down
My Bike: ZXR400 L1

Post by Head-Down »

my mates zxr400 is restricted and he still gets arounf 55 in first, and you dont get the real power in th high revs.
Ride hard or die Tryin'
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

or just do what everyone else dos get the papers to say its restricted then take them out :smt017 :smt018 :smt003
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
monkeyman

Re: Restricted

Post by monkeyman »

It'll top out at about 95 with restrictors and feels really feeble. I really don't like it!!! Also people think you have a lot more power than you, meaning people think you can play on the twisties with the bigger bikes but you just look stupid when they leave you behind with the slightest twist of the throttle...
carsounds_dan
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by carsounds_dan »

if you want im getting a local firm to duplicate the restrictors i have,
i'll be making up kits of 4 restrictors which im hoping to knock out at £30 on eBay, £25 to members off this site though
cheers
dan
The bike only goes as fast as you want it to...
...i know, it's great :D
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

get restrictor certificate then remove restrictors. restricting engines is bad for them imo

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

going to do a deviant....

how do they damage your engine? please explain
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
lindaloo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by lindaloo »

[quote][/It'll top out at about 95 with restrictors and feels really feeblequote]

Erm.....mine was restricted and topped out at 120?? got upto 60 in first gear...in fairness had washers took out and it does feel much better...it does same kinda speeds just takes less time to get there...top speed now some where in the region of 135-140.And its easier giving it some at higher speeds.
Dont know much about other bikes or how theyd compare, but gotta say been riding zxr for 1 year and the bike makes me smile every time i go on it. :smt003
people say that before you die, your whole life flashes before your eyes... make sure its worth watching !! ;-)

zzr 600
zxr400
http://golfnutlady.spaces.live.com/photos/
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

my aprilia was restricted when i bought it, but as soon as i took restrictors out after approx 6mths of riding restricted, the engine seized! could be a coinsidence but ever since then i dont like the idea of restricting engines.

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

lindaloo wrote:
[/It'll top out at about 95 with restrictors and feels really feeblequote]

Erm.....mine was restricted and topped out at 120?? got upto 60 in first gear...in fairness had washers took out and it does feel much better...it does same kinda speeds just takes less time to get there...top speed now some where in the region of 135-140.And its easier giving it some at higher speeds.
Dont know much about other bikes or how theyd compare, but gotta say been riding zxr for 1 year and the bike makes me smile every time i go on it. :smt003
Funny you mention that, my friend sean got 120 out of his ZXR restricted.
lindaloo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by lindaloo »

the bike was screaming its bits off at 120, when restricted.....only diff now is it gets to 115 and wants to fly...much better than it was. Didnt expect it bein quite so fast though, whats the point having washers in when itll go 120 anyway :smt017
people say that before you die, your whole life flashes before your eyes... make sure its worth watching !! ;-)

zzr 600
zxr400
http://golfnutlady.spaces.live.com/photos/
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

You wont get there as quick :smt003